3D Radiation Transfer Modelling Expert in Brussels
Rayference is a young innovative company performing cutting-edge research in Earth Observation satellite data processing. We develop advanced mathematical 1D and 3D radiative transfer models to analyse and exploit these data. To support these research activities, Rayference is recruiting a highly qualified 3D Radiation Transfer Modelling Expert.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Contribution to the design, selection of numerical methods, development and testing of a new 3D radiative transfer model;
- Design and implementation of model validation scenarios;
- Documentation and support to users.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Experience with modelling of radiative processes in gases or dense, homogeneous or divided media;
- Experience with Monte Carlo Ray Tracing techniques and numerical methods;
- 2 – 5 years of proven experience of programming in Python or C/C++.
- Excellent skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with great level of autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Good sense of teamwork;
- The ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as numerical computing are decisive advantages;
- Strong motivation to contribute to the development of a young innovative company.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work at international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate engineers and scientists.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, cover letter, detailed description of achievements and skills (in English) and university grade reports to recruitment AT rayference.eu. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.