Radiation Transfer Modelling Expert
Rayference, is a young innovative company performing research in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, Essential Climate Variable generation from satellite observations and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data calibration. Rayference is recruiting a talented scientist with expertise in Radiation Transfer Modelling to support the development of a new 3D radiative transfer model capable of simulating satellite observations.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of this new 3D model.
- Develop an advanced man-machine interface;
- Elaborate database of optical and geometrical properties of standard pre-defined 3D scenes including vegetation, bare soil, coastal water and atmosphere;
- Monte-Carlo ray tracing rendering techniques;
- 1 – 3 years of outstanding experience of programming in Python and C/C++;
- Excellent knowledge in optics and electromagnetism theory;
- University degree in Engineer, PhD in Physics, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands).
- Excellent capabilities to learn new scientific disciplines;
- Solid experience in numerical computing;
- Good skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with a large autonomy and a great sense of responsibilities, have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Capabilities to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as quantitative remote sensing represent a decisive advantage.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, statement of interest related to the position required experience and skills (in English), references, and marks obtained at university to recruitment AT rayference.eu. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.