Data Processing Research Engineer
Rayference, is a young innovative company involved in research and development activities in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, satellite data processing and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data calibration. Rayference is recruiting a Data Processing Research Engineer to support its Earth Observations activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and use a versatile satellite data processing chain for the generation of demonstration data sets;
- Verification and quality control of the processed data;
- Contribute to the design, development and improvements of scientific algorithms.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent;
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience of programming in Python, C/C++ and distributed computing;
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands);
- Experience in image processing, Earth Observation data processing and formats such as NetCDF is an asset.
- Excellent skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with great level of autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Good sense of teamwork;
- The ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as numerical computing are decisive advantages;
- Strong motivation to contribute to the development of a young innovative company.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, statement of interest related to the position required experience and skills (in English), references, and marks obtained at university to recruitment AT rayference.eu. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.