Rayference is a young innovative company involved in research and development activities in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, Essential Climate Variable generation from satellite observations and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data calibration. Rayference is recruiting a talented Applied Mathematician to support 3D radiation transfer modelling research activities and inverse modelling.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, development, improvements and speed-up of 3D radiation transfer models and scientific algorithms based on inverse modelling;
- Verification, quality control and documentation of the algorithms.
- University degree in Applied Mathematics, Engineer, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience of programming in Python, C/C++ and numerical computation;
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands);
- Experience in GPU programming is a key asset.
- Solid experience in numerical computing;
- Excellent capabilities to learn new scientific disciplines;
- Good skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with a large autonomy and a great sense of responsibilities, have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Capabilities to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as radiation transfer theory and inverse modelling represent a decisive advantage;
- Passionate by environmental issues.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, statement of interest related to the position required experience and skills (in English), references, list of publications, and marks obtained at university to recruitment AT rayference.eu. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.