Research Software Engineer
Rayference is a young innovative company performing cutting-edge research in Earth Observation satellite data processing. We develop advanced mathematical 1D and 3D radiative transfer models for the exploitation of these data. To support these research activities, Rayference is recruiting a highly qualified Research Software Engineer.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Contribution to the development and testing of a new 3D radiative transfer model;
- Design and maintenance of tests;
- Management of the automated packaging and deployment of software on different OS and architectures.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent;
- 2 – 5 years of proven experience of programming and development with Python, C/C++, CMake, Git in a Linux environment;
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands);
- Experience with 3D rendering software;
- Experience with development of community-involving open-source software.
- Excellent skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with great level of autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Good sense of teamwork;
- The ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as numerical computing are decisive advantages;
- Strong motivation to contribute to the development of a young innovative company.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work at international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate engineers and scientists.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, cover letter, detailed description of achievements and skills (in English) and university grade reports to recruitment AT rayference.eu. Any questions related to this position can be sent to the same email address.