Scientific Python Developer
Rayference is recruiting a motivated Scientific Python Developer who wish to work in a dynamic research environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of a toolchain dedicated to the comparison of radiative transfer models and the verification of their ability to accurately simulate satellite observations. This position includes the following tasks:
- design, develop, test and document this new toolchain;
- analyse results and prepare evaluation reports;
- manage interactions with our clients and users.
Rayference, is a young innovative company located in Brussels involved in research and development activities in radiative transfer modelling, inverse modelling, satellite data processing and retrieval algorithm development. It is also specialised in remote sensing data radiometric calibration and the elaboration of new metrological concepts applied to satellite observations dedicated to climate and environment monitoring.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent with a demonstrated record of achievement in scientific programming;
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience of programming in Python for scientific applications in a UNIX environment (Mac OS / Linux, bash commands);
- Good knowledge of Git, software forges and continuous integration tools is an asset;
- Experience in radiometric calibration and radiative transfer modelling is an asset.
- Excellent skills to fulfil the assigned tasks with great level of autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Good sense of teamwork;
- The ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation and a strong interest for scientific topics such as numerical computing are decisive advantages;
- Strong motivation to contribute to the development of a young innovative company.
The successful candidate will be involved in European research projects and shall be capable of presenting her/his work in international meetings. The position is located in Brussels. Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Rayference is offering attractive working conditions for passionate scientists and engineers. To apply, please send to recruitment AT rayference.eu :
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the position, highlight relevant qualifications and achievments, and including links to examples of relevant prior work;
- a detailed CV;
- email and affiliation of references;
- marks obtained at university.